Online Associate Degrees Offered at Coastal Pines Technical College
Coastal Pines Technical College appears in our ranking of the 20 Best Colleges for an Online Associates Degree.
Coastal Pines Technical College offers a variety of associate degrees that can be completed entirely online. These online programs provide convenience, flexibility, and accessibility to students who are unable to commute to campus. The online associate degrees that are currently available at this college are the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Accounting, Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Technology, Associate of Science (AS) in Criminal Justice, Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Early Childhood Care and Education, Associate of Science (AS) in General Business, Associate of Science (AS) in General Studies, and the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Marketing Management.
- The AAS in Accounting focuses on teaching individuals the essential skills and knowledge to earn careers in accounting. Students will learn about the technical aspects in the accounting field, which will prepare them for technology-driven companies and businesses. By the time of graduation, students will be able to analyze financial reports and provide advice to companies regarding their budgets. The following courses are required to receive this degree: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Individual Tax Accounting, Payroll Accounting, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and more. Full-time students can expect to complete this 64-credit degree in two years.
- The AAS in Business Technology is centered around the technological components of the business field. Students are taught how to use spreadsheets, word processing, and database application software. In addition, students are also exposed to accounting procedures and practices, electronic communications, internet research, and electronic filing. Upon graduation, individuals will have gained effective communication skills and technical skills that will be beneficial in office management or a related career. The following courses are commonly chosen for this degree: Word Processing Applications, Spreadsheet Concepts & Applications, Database Applications, Digital Technologies in Business, Office Procedures, Principles of Management, and more. This is a 64-credit program that can be completed within two years.
- The AS in Criminal Justice prepares individuals for many different careers in the criminal justice sector. The professors of this program teach the necessary theories and practices to succeed in providing justice. Some of the job opportunities that graduates pursue are in the corrections, security, investigative, and police administration departments. The following are a few of the mandatory courses to complete this program: Corrections, Principles of Law Enforcement, Criminal Law for Criminal Justice, Constitutional Law, Criminal Procedure, Criminology, and Juvenile Justice. This is a 62-credit degree that can be earned in as fast as two years.
- The AAS in Early Childhood Care & Education teaches students educational theories and practices to apply to their careers. Upon completion of the program, individuals may pursue positions in childcare centers, Head Start companies, pre-k programs, and elementary schools. Students have the choice of integrating one of five specializations into the program, which are exceptionalities, infant/toddler, program administration, paraprofessional/school age, and family childcare. The following courses are frequently chosen by students in this degree program: Child Growth & Development, Language Arts and Literacy, Creative Activities for Child, Social Issues & Family Involvement, Guidance & Classroom Management, and more. This is a 72-credit program that takes an average of two years to complete. At the end of the program, students will participate in an internship that is relevant to their career objectives.
- The AS in General Business is an introduction degree that provides foundational knowledge of the business industry. Graduates of the program will have gained exceptional communication, mathematical, and business skills. Most students go on to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or enter an entry-level career position. The following are a few of the courses that are chosen by students in this program: Introduction to Business, Financial Accounting, Spreadsheet Applications, Managerial Accounting, Legal Environment of Business, Personal Finance, and more. Students will need to complete 68 credit hours to graduate from the program, which typically takes around two years.
- The AS in General Studies is a generic degree program that provides individuals with the knowledge, skills, and guidance to go on and pursue a bachelor’s degree. Students may also earn a job in a variety of different fields if they do not wish to transfer to a four-year college. Graduates of this program will have developed academically and professionally to succeed in an entry-level career or at a university. The following courses are commonly chosen by students and provide comprehension of several different subjects: Composition and Rhetoric, Literature and Composition, American Government, U.S. History, College Algebra, Biology, and more. Full-time students who are enrolled in this 64-credit program generally take two years to finish.
- The AAS in Marketing Management provides students with the necessary knowledge of computers, management, accounting, communication, and research. Students will learn how to use their research, communication, and computer skills to market to consumers, which is vital to the success of companies and businesses. This program offers three different specializations for students to choose from, which are marketing management, entrepreneurship, and retail management. The following are several of the courses that are required to graduate: Introduction to Computer Literacy, Principles of Management, Financial Accounting, Principles of Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Marketing Research, Professional Selling, and more. This is a 62-credit degree, which takes the majority of students an average of two years to accomplish.
About Coastal Pines Technical College
Coastal Pines Technical College is a public community college that was established in 2014. It is located in Waycross, Georgia, which is two hours from Savannah, Georgia. This college is considered small with a student population of 3,053, and it is known for providing individualized teaching with its 13:1 student-teacher ratio.
Students attending Coastal Pines Technical College have the option of earning a certificate, diploma, or an associate degree in 17 different fields of study. This school features an open-door policy, which means all applicants are accepted to begin earning an education. In addition, students may also gain college credits for their life experiences.
Coastal Pines Technical College Accreditation Details
Coastal Pines Technical College has received its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCC), which is located in Decatur, Georgia. The SACSCC is a regional accrediting agency that is responsible for providing accreditation to colleges and universities in its specific region.
Coastal Pines Technical College Application Requirements
The application process consists of filling out an application form, paying the $25 application fee, turning in high school or college transcripts, submitting SAT or ACT scores, and providing proof of Georgia residency if applicable.
Tuition and Financial Aid
In-state students who are enrolled in an academic program at Coastal Pines Technical College can expect to pay a tuition amount of $2,759, and out-of-state students can expect to pay $4,906 for tuition.
Students with a demonstrated need for financial aid may be able to qualify for the HOPE Grant and HOPE Career Grant. By combining both grants, the student’s tuition may be fully covered. To qualify for these grants, the admitted student must be a legal Georgia resident, must agree to maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) at least, be in good standing with student loans or other financial aid programs, be enrolled in an associate degree program, not have exceeded the award limits for the HOPE program, and be in compliance with Selective Service registration and the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Act of 1990.
For more information about online associate degrees, please visit the website of Coastal Pines Technical College.